Back to NYC Eats… and Drinks!
Chat & Chew, 10 East 16th St [AMERICAN / SOUL]
– Lively cafeteria like setting which does some good soul food and very respectable pork chops! There cocktails can be given a miss though!
Heartland Brewery, 35 Union Square West [BAR]
– Not a big fan of chains in general but this particular location is frequented more by locals and less by tourists and for that reason alone is my favorite of the 3 I’ve been to. Besides, they’re credited with being the city’s first brewpub! Great for after work drinks and there own beers aren’t bad at all!
Joe The Art of Coffee, 9E 13th St [CAFE]
– Some of the best Coffee in the city, and they’re especially good at Cappuccino. They’re Scones are great too! Multiple locations across the city.
L’annam, 121 University Place [VIETNAMESE]
– Great spot in the Union Sq area for quality Vietnamese lunch or dinner, at very reasonable prices. Very quick service to!
Num Pang Sandwich Shop, 21 East 12th St [CAMBODIAN]
– This tiny hole-in-the-wall, with even tinier seating upstairs, is one of the best places to get a sandwich in the Union Square area! I tried their Grilled Spanish Mackarel with Leeks and a friend had their Veal Meatball sandwich – both were great! They have 2 locations in the city and their menu is seasonal, so expect the unexpected when you make your way there!
Republic, 37 Union Square West [ASIAN FUSION]
– Canteen style shared seating in a cool space with good service and delicious noodle dishes! They’re non-alcoholic drinks are good to.
Stand Burger, 24 East 12th St [AMERICAN]
– Good burgers with interesting toppings, great happy hour with a neat selection of craft beers and some awesome fries!
Strip House, 13 East 12th St [STEAK]
– Spiffy interiors and fancy prices but the Steak is well worth it, as are the sides, especially the Creamed Spinach and Goose fat Potatoes!
The Coffee Shop, 29 Union Square West [AMERICAN]
– Good for after work drinks and pub style grub, with some nice hostesses to boot 😉
Think Coffee, 123 4th Ave [CAFE]
– Have only sampled their Cappucino thus far but suffice to say it was excellent! They have multiple locations – all south of 14th St – and I will be frequenting them in the coming months, for sure!